Friday, April 6, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

Like Mom always said, breakfast could be your most important meal of the day. My 10 month old, Griffin, has an incredible amount of energy,  and I make sure that I provide him with a good and healthy breakfast.  His favorite lately has become blueberry oatmeal.  I've read that blueberries, often referred to as a 'super food,' are good for him because they are high in antioxidants and they also contain fiber, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.  Blueberries are also thought be cholesterol reducers.  Most pediatricians recommend introducing blueberries to your baby's diet between 8-10 months, but talk to your ped to get his/her philosophy.               

Blueberry Oatmeal:
Three Tablespoons of Instant Oatmeal



Add water and cook for 30 or so seconds



Three tablespoons of blueberries.  I buy Wyman's of Maine organic blueberries from Costco.



Voila! You may have to heat a little longer is oatmeal is still cool to the touch.



 
While he eats, I incorporate a fun language learning song...."Blueberry oatmeal, blueberry pie.  Blueberry oatmeal, my oh my!"  or "I love (oatmeal or blueberries) yes I do.  I love (oatmeal or blueberries, how 'bout you?"  There's no surprise that one of his favorite words to say is 'blueberry!'





Hope your breakfast was as fun as ours :).

1 comment: